My boyfriend and I are heading into our second round of weddings this year. We have one just about every weekend for the next few weeks. During the first round of weddings, I wrote this post about surviving wedding season. So far I am 3 for 3 in terms of getting migraines at weddings. I need a little advice!
Why do I keep getting migraines at weddings? Some ideas:
- Stress (so much running around those days)
- Driving (especially if we have to drive long distances to the church, to the reception, and back home)
- Alcohol (I don’t even drink it anymore)
- Food (Cheese at cocktail hour? Big trigger for me)
- High heels (Michele Bachmann, I HEAR YOU on this one.)
- Stressing facial muscles with fake smiles all day (A Twitter friend suggested this to me)
- Not enough water (Why do they never refill the water at receptions?)
- Scents (All the hugging. All the hair sprays. All the perfumes. Ick.)
- Noise (DJ or band, it’s all loud.)
Keeping all of these in mind, I made this great strategy for how to avoid a migraine, including taking a water bottle everywhere, bringing flat shoes for later, wearing shades to avoid the sun while driving. AND STILL NO LUCK.
I’m at my wits end for how to get through a wedding without a migraine. How do you get through weddings without migraines? Do you have any advice or tips to share?